This Sunday, October 1, 2023, don’t forget to wish your grandfather a happy grandfathers’ day! Unlike Grandmothers’ Day, which has existed since 1987, Grandfathers’ Day was only established in 2008 by Franck Izquierdo. He created a website dedicated to our elders and their holiday, with the support of the Ministry of State for the Elderly, to raise awareness among as many people as possible about the importance of family.
If you have the chance and opportunity to spend time with your grandfather, after these difficult years of the pandemic, here are some ideas from the editorial team to have a special day with family! Our selection of outings for Grandfathers’ Day 2023 includes beautiful walks in the region, discovering the most beautiful parks in Paris during a leisurely stroll, sharing a meal at our favorite family-friendly addresses… But also, discover historical, scientific, and educational exhibitions to visit with Grandpa, the most beautiful farms in the region, and places for flower and seasonal fruit and vegetable picking: the program looks promising for Sunday, October 1, 2023!
Ideas for Grandfathers’ Day 2023 in Paris: Museums and exhibitions
– Soldiers in sports: a photo exhibition on sports in the army at the Museum of the Great War. The Museum of the Great War offers you the opportunity to discover sports practices in the army through an exceptional and free photo exhibition on the square.
– Painting exhibitions: must-see exhibitions in Paris and Île-de-France. If you want to visit a beautiful exhibition in Paris, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we offer you a selection of the most beautiful painting exhibitions to see in Paris right now. You just have to choose!
– The Durfort Mammoth returns to the National Museum of Natural History in Paris, restored! Starting June 28, 2023, rediscover the newly restored “Durfort Mammoth” at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris, an icon of paleontology exhibited since 1898.
– Felines, the exhibition that makes us fall in love at the National Museum of Natural History – photos. They are as adorable as they are dangerous: the Great Gallery of Evolution at the National Museum of Natural History is dedicating an exhibition to felines, from March 22, 2023, to January 7, 2024.
– Metro! Le Grand Paris in motion: the unique exhibition at the Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine. The history of the metro, mobility, and urbanity will be revealed at the Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine from November 8, 2023, to June 2, 2024, through an unprecedented exhibition called “Metro! Le Grand Paris in motion”.
– Shamanic visions: the exhibition at the Quai Branly Museum that transports us to the Amazon. When the spiritual world inspires Peruvian artists… The Quai Branly Museum invites us to discover Shamanic Visions, an unusual exhibition to see from November 14, 2023, to May 26, 2024.
Educational and pedagogical museums to visit with children in Paris. In Paris, museums are not lacking. While they are accessible to children (even the youngest), we are never really sure if the little ones will enjoy the visit. So here is our selection of educational museums in Paris, to learn a lot of things while having fun, even with children!
15 exhibitions to discover with children in Paris right now. Museums are not just for adults! Yes, there is no age limit to enjoy art: the proof with these exhibitions that will delight children and their parents, uncles, aunts, and grandparents, in Paris and Île-de-France.
Farms, gardens, and pickings
– Fruit, vegetable, and flower pickings around Paris. Why not take advantage of the return of good weather to pick your own fruits, vegetables, and flowers in various picking locations in Paris and Île-de-France?
– The most beautiful parks, squares, and gardens of Paris and Île-de-France to stroll in the sun. Paris is full of beautiful parks and gardens, green settings that invite relaxation, far from the bustle of the city. Discover the most beautiful green spots in the capital and Île-de-France!
– The most beautiful farms to see animals in Paris and Île-de-France. Do you feel like a little getaway in the countryside without leaving the region? Head to the farms, sheepfolds, and rural areas of our capital and region for a day in the great outdoors!
For a gourmet break
– New Divine Brunches in Paris: Discover the new and unique gourmet restaurants. Discover the new divine brunches in Paris for gourmet and unique experiences on the weekends!
– The top tea times and delicious snacks in Paris that we love. An exceptional tea time or snack, anyone? For an afternoon, relax with a good tea and incredible pastries, and indulge yourself in the magnificent setting of a palace, a grand Parisian hotel, or an atypical place. It’s time to relax and savor this gourmet break with your partner, with mom, or with friends. We reveal our gourmet selection to try out and enjoy.
– Our guide to children’s cafes in Paris. Want to have a drink in a place where children are not considered persona non grata, a space where all the kids are welcome and where they can have fun while you relax alone or with friends? The family-friendly cafes and tea rooms guide is made for you. Here is the list of cafes in Paris and the Paris region that the editorial team of Sortir à Paris has found for you.
A beautiful walk in Île-de-France
– A walk along the banks of the Marne in Saint-Maur-des-Fossés to admire the colors of autumn. In the Val-de-Marne department, the city of Saint-Maur-des-Fossés has beautiful banks of the Marne where it is pleasant to walk all year round, especially in autumn when the leaves of all colors give the landscape a Canadian feel.
– The Japanese garden of the Courances Castle: a bucolic and exotic walk in Île-de-France. The Japanese garden of the Courances Castle is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful Japanese gardens around Paris and especially in France. Located in Essonne in the fabulous Courances estate, this Anglo-Japanese garden delights us with its exotic landscapes.
– Top 20 most beautiful villages and walks near Paris, our favorite villages. Escape around Paris with these 20 must-visit escapes within 100 km of the capital.
– Provins, the largest medieval city in Île-de-France, with multiple treasures to discover. In Seine-et-Marne, a few kilometers from the capital, is the medieval city of Provins, a witness to a trading past and lively fairs. Inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, this city straight out of the Middle Ages is full of historical riches, from the Tower of Caesar to culinary specialties based on roses, and its imposing ramparts!
– Rochefort en Yvelines, the beautiful medieval village and its treasures to discover in the Vallée de…
These are just a few suggestions for spending a special day with your grandfather on Grandfathers’ Day 2023. Whether it’s visiting museums, enjoying nature, or indulging in a delicious meal, the important thing is to show your love and appreciation for your grandfather on this special day.