Thibaut “LecturesB” contributor to the reading group
20 Minutes Books, recommend you The Carmidors volume I: betray & survive by Olivia Gometz, published on October 11, 2021 by Éditions Beta Publisher.
Her favorite quote:
“The most devastating waves will not be made of scum and salt. They will be of terror and blood. “
Why this book?
- Because it’s good rhythmic fantasy to the Games of Thrones. No time to be bored during this truly fantastic and literary journey.
- Because the characters are multiple, endearing, detestable, strong … human, in short.
- Because it plots, it betrays, it kills with a vengeance with all the necessary ingredients for this type of novel.
- Because it’s nice to see a new author, after Estelle Tolliac who won the prize 20 Minutes of the novel with Moon Black and Moon Blue, invest the genre of fantasy.
- Because the writing and detailed pen of Olivia Gometz guides us perfectly in the reading of this work full of adventures.
The essentials in 2 minutes
L’intrigue. A king overthrown by a new alliance. A fleeing heiress chased by the new reigns. A new global balance which complicates political games and where all the pawns show cunning, violence and charm.
Characters. The Carmidor siblings who tear themselves apart, the Virdemis men who pull the strings and the young heiress Arvagna who matures her revenge, many characters and stories to follow!
Places. An imaginary world with multiple kingdoms, oceans and lands.
The time. A fantastic and chivalrous Middle Ages, in which magic and belief go hand in hand.
The author. A young woman by the name of Olivia Gometz who made her debut on the Internet with Skyblog in particular, before launching and offering her book thanks to the publishing house Beta Publisher.
This book was read with a real craze, as the irrepressible desire to turn the pages overwhelms us, thanks to this well-imagined world and these scenarios with multiple twists and turns.
Do you want to recommend a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking here
20 minutes of context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission which helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. The contributors to the section choose their books, write their files and their reviews in complete independence, without worrying about any links that will be added.
2. The links are added a posteriori, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thanks in advance to everyone who clicks!