Someone you don’t want to talk to, one of those SPAM numbers that keeps calling… The reason doesn’t matter: you want to block a phone number and that’s it. If you have an iPhone and you are new to the Apple terminal and/or the iOS operating system, It’s always a matter of fiddling around until you find the solution. But if you can’t find it, we’ll tell you how to do it.
Block a phone number on iPhone
When you block a number, you will stop receiving phone calls, texts, or FaceTime requests from the blocked number. The person on the other end will go straight to voicemail every time they call you, but this is their only clue that they’ve been blocked. Text messages will still seem normal, even if you don’t have to answer them.
Blocked numbers can still leave voice messages, but they do not appear in the standard visual list of voice messages. Instead, they are separated into a “blocked messages” section that you can choose to ignore entirely.
On an iPhone there are several methods to block a number, and we will tell you about the two applications in which you will most often want to do it.
How to block a number from the iPhone Phone app
- Open the Phone app.
- Click on the Recents tab.
- When you see the number you want to block, tap the surrounded i on the right side of the screen.
- At the bottom of the next screen, you’ll see the option to Block this call. Tap that option and the number will not be able to reach you.
- How to block a number from the iPhone Messages app
- If someone is bothering you via text (or you want to cross out another source of spam), it’s easy to block a number right from Apple’s Messages app.
- Tap the sender information at the top center of the conversation.
- Then click on Information.
- Again, at the bottom of this page, you’ll see the option to Block this call in red text.