As in other services and platforms, Netflix offers you to create an account by choosing the name and entering an email, or to make it easier by logging in with your same Facebook account. In fact, the service has a section on its Help website for when you have problems logging into Netflix with Facebook.
A section that has been updated with a message which signals that this type of login is over.
You will not be able to log in with your Facebook account on Netflix
“As of May 2, 2022, Netflix will no longer be accessible using Facebook login. To ensure you can sign in to Netflix after this date, please follow the steps below to create a Netflix password”.
This is what a new message in the Netflix help section says about Facebook. A message in which The company warns that it will unlink access to its content through Facebook login within a month. Both companies therefore break up, as Netflix itself urges “create netflix password” to use. It is also sending said communication to affected users via email.
How to change the password
If you are one of those who log in with your Meta social network account on Netflix, to continue viewing content you will have to create a new login on the platform. For it:
- Open a web browser from a mobile or a computer
- Enter and go to the following URL: netflix.com/login.
- Click on ‘Sign in with Facebook’ and, in the pop-up window, enter your Facebook email and password
- Once logged in, you must go to netflix.com/password and follow the instructions to change your password before clicking Save.
- Open Netflix on the device and sign in with the new password. This way you will have it unlinked from your Facebook account.