LIVE – Covid-19: Sanofi stops development of its messenger RNA vaccine

TENSIONS IN THE NBA

If 90% of NBA players are vaccinated, the remaining 10%, including stars Kyrie Irving and Bradley Beal, refuse to be. This could affect their season, with restrictive measures being imposed on non-vaccinated members of the “Big League” (daily tests on training, travel and match days. Worse, some players could even be deprived of a game. In fact, some cities such as Los Angeles or New York require professional athletes to prove that they have received at least one dose of the vaccine in order to be able to play in their club’s premises.

The NBA, however, tried to make vaccination compulsory, but gave up in the face of the refusal of the players’ union (NBPA), during a meeting held last August.

If the vast majority of vaccinated players remain silent, some stars have mentioned their reasons. “I have a lot of people in my family that I spend time with. I’m just not going to put their lives in danger,” said Portland point guard Damian Lillard. “Yes, I’m vaccinated and I think it’s the best decision. I have children. What I know is that it will help keep my family safe,” said the MVP for his part. of the reigning finals, Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Related  Queen Elizabeth II is also pro-inclusion: she will have a feminist gesture in Jubilee

News and Images Source